ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTANTS

ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER

MINUTES 

       

Chapter Executive Committee Meeting- Program Year Planning Session

July 7, 2016

 

 

BOARD MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE:                        Matt Bone, President

                                                                        Javier Machuca, President Elect

Victor Kraft, Treasurer

Amy Carter, Secretary

Heather Prudhomme, Webmaster

                                                                        Donna Sandoval, Accountability Chair

Marla Gorena, Education Chair

Krista Gianes-Chavez, Historian

Christopher Schmitz, Community Service Chair

Chris Gregory, Membership Chair

Jennifer Baca, Newsletter Chair

Tisha Hudetz, Early Career/Student Chair

 

PLACE & TIME:

 

The AGA Albuquerque Chapter Executive Committee held a program year planning session on July 7, 2016, 5:00 p.m., at the RPC CPAs and Consultants, LLP Offices, 2700 San Pedro NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110.

 

1.  CALL TO ORDER; ESTABLISH QUORUM

 

President Matt Bone called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m. More than four members of the Chapter Executive Committee (CEC) were present and a quorum was established.

 

 

2.  REVIEW/APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES

 

The minutes from the May 10, 2016 meeting were approved with the update of Krista Gianes-Chavez name spelling.

 

3.  TREASURERÕS REPORT

 

Matt submitted bank reconciliation and AR aging report for the months of May and June via email.  Donna delivered the outstanding check from the NM Chapter.  All A/R has now been collected.  As of June 30, 2016 the bank balance was $11,650.83. 

ACTION ITEM- Victor, incoming treasurer, will incorporate plans discussed at this meeting and develop a budget for 2016-2017.

ACTION ITEM- Matt and Victor will update signatory authorization on the bank account, since Victor is the new treasurer.

 

4.  CHAPTER BUSINESS

 

Discussion regarding the following:

Hard copy records that we must keep, Krista has been scanning hard copies and uploading in Sugarsync.

ACTION ITEM- Matt to discuss with Jeff as to why we would need hard copies of outdated and documents and if there is a requirement to retain them.

Chapter Bylaws- we have not been receiving consistent feedback from National regarding our Bylaws, we plan to push back on the some of the comments we receive that are not consistent.

The PayPal account needs to be linked to the Bank of West account

ACTION ITEM-Javier will help set this up

Our upcoming monthly CEC meetings will be held the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.  We will continue to meet at RPC and once RPC moves to their new building we will continue to meet at RPCÕs new place of business.

ACTION ITEM- Matt to set up a conference line for the upcoming meetings

 

5.  EDUCATION CHAIR DISCUSSION/REPORT/PLANS:

 

Marla distributed the ÒWhatÕs an AGA Membership WorthÓ flyer, Javier suggested that we take the Chapter Leadership section off, so we can use the flyer for multiple years.  We discussed replacing the section with a CGFM certification section and give a description of what our Chapter offers.

 

We reviewed the membership survey and noted that there was quite a bit of interest and request that our Chapter offer webcasts and a series specific to studying for the CGFM.  Marla presented dates and separate parts for each of the tests.  It was decided that our Chapter would focus only on Test 2 this year with 4 parts

 

The 2017 PDT will be scheduled for April 20 and 21

 

The Board was reminded that participation and assistance is required at the education events.

 

October 6th is the only date available for the CEC members to participate at the Balloon Fiesta Event as in the past.  The Chapter will pay for each member and 1 adult or 2 children.

ACTION ITEM- Matt to send an email to CEC members to determine the number of tickets we need to purchase.

The Education Plan was reviewed

ACTION ITEM- Matt will call Emily at the OSAÕs office in regard to the IPA  roundtable.

ACTION ITEM- Heather will talk to her boss at Sandia Labs about possibly presenting on Leadership at a luncheon.

ACTION ITEM- Javier will send Amy research items for lessons learned on UG implementation.

ACTION ITEM- Matt will contact Andres for the Data Analytics class to be held in February.

ACTION ITEM- Javier will contact Tal Moore to teach the time management topic.

 

 

 

6.  CGFM CHAIR REPORT

 

No items discussed, Jeff was not present.

 

7.  ACCOUNTABILITY CHAIR

 

ACTION ITEMS- Donna will provide something to Matt

ACTION ITEMS- Heather will send Donna pictures from last yearÕs events

 

 

 

 

8.  EARLY CAREERS CHAIR

 

8.  EARLY CAREER/STUDENT CHAIR

 

Tisha distributed the Early Career/Student Plan.  She discussed making the mentoring program more on line by using social media.  She also committed to connecting with UNM and having 1 speaking event per semester.  She proposed that the Chapter host webinars and requested that the 2017 PDT implement a young professionalÕs track with soft skill classes for professionals in their early careers.  She suggested that the Chapter offer a student special rate for the PDT and that they are invited to the reception.  There was also a discussion of CEC members being present at the Meet the Firms night for students coming out of college.

 

9.  MEMBERSHIP CHAIR

 

Chris is in the process of developing the plan for the upcoming year and expects it to be very similar to last yearÕs plan with added takeaway ideas from the SLM. Chris is also sending welcome emails to members. 

ACTION ITEM- Marla to send Chris the education plan when completed, so he can send to the members

 

10.  COMMUNITY SERVICE CHAIR

 

Chris distributed the Community Service plan.  CEC members suggested that the plan be refined and make the plan more of action items.      

ACTION ITEM- Heather will send Chris the contact for Nambe, for the raffle at the PDT

ACTION ITEM- Chris will put together a flyer for August

ACTION ITEM- Javier will look up the Autism walk and find the contact for Chris to coordinate

 

11.  WEBMASTER CHAIR

 

Heather provided update on the website.

ACTION ITEM- Heather will find out how much we owe for the website updates.

ACTION ITEM- All CEC Members need to provide bios and pictures for the website.

12.  NEWSLETTER CHAIR

JenniferÕs plan is to continue writing newsletters on a monthly basis or as we have information to submit.

 

13.  NEXT CEC MEETING

 

The next CEC meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 2, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. at the RPC CPAs and Consultants, LLP Offices, 2700 San Pedro NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110.