ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTANTS

ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER

MINUTES  

       

Chapter Executive Committee Meeting

February 7, 2017



BOARD MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE: Matt Bone, President

Amy Carter, Secretary (phone)

Victor Kraft, Treasurer (phone)

Jennifer Baca, Newsletter Chair (phone)

Marla Gorena, Education Chair

Krista Gianes-Chavez, Historian (phone)

Chris Gregory, Membership Chair

Christopher Schmitz, Community Service Chair (phone)

PLACE & TIME:

 

The AGA Albuquerque Chapter Executive Committee held a regular board meeting on February 7, 2017, 5:30 p.m., at the RPC CPAs and Consultants, LLP Offices, 2424 Louisiana NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110.

 

1.  CALL TO ORDER; ESTABLISH QUORUM

 

President Matt Bone called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. More than four members of the Chapter Executive Committee (CEC) were present and a quorum was established.



2.  REVIEW/APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES

 

The minutes from the January, 2017 meeting were approved.

 

3.  TREASURER’S REPORT

 

Victor emailed the bank reconciliation and AR aging for the month of January.  We have approximately $15,800 in the bank after 1/31/2017.  The Committee discussed an outstanding AR from a member that did not attend a pre-registered event due to a family matter.  The committee agreed to write off the balance.  There were also some credit balances  representing prepayments.  The City of Albuquerque had some registrants that did not end up attending the December education event; so they will be credited for future education events.

 

4.  CHAPTER BUSINESS

 

Discussion regarding the following:

  • PDT Update- the planning committee will be meeting this same week, we are still in need of speakers

  • SLM May 4-6, 2017 – The deadline for this is the first part of March, let Matt know if you are interested in attending.

  • National Share Site- Pilot project- Committee members need to let Heather know if they are interested in joining this group.

 

5.  EDUCATION CHAIR REPORT

Marla provided a PDT update and  this month’s education event:

  • January education luncheon- there was a $135 loss on this event.

  • February education event- 31 have signed up thus far, Marla expects that we will net a $11,000 profit; however no one has signed up for the dinner.

  • We need a CGFM speaker on Feb 10th for the state/local segment.  Jeff offered to speak for the federal segment.

  • PDT update- We need an invoice for the Round the RoundHouse for the PDT advertisement, Jeff is working on getting speakers for the Fed track

 

6.  ACCOUNTABILITY CHAIR REPORT

Nothing discussed

 

7.  MEMBERSHIP CHAIR

 

Chris reported that there were no new members since the last meeting.  We have a total of 11 new members for the year.  In February last year we had 125 active members, this year only 120.  In March of last year we had 133 active members.

 

8.  COMMUNITY SERVICE CHAIR

Chris discussed dates and places for the Annual Picnic.  The Committee decided that it was best to move the Annual Picnic out to May this year since the PDT will be in April.  Marla suggested that we have the picnic in the Plaza, so we could draw more members from the City, County, and DWS.

  • ACTION ITEM- Jennifer to look into what we would need to do to reserve space at the plaza for this event.



9. WEBMASTER CHAIR

Nothing discussed

 

10. HISTORIAN

Krista reported that she received all boxes from Jeff and is in the process of scanning everything in the sugarsync acct.

 

11.  NEWSLETTER

Jennifer reported that she needs a CGFM corner piece for the upcoming newsletter, and updated save the date piece for the PDT.



12.  NEXT CEC MEETING

The next CEC meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. at the RPC CPAs and Consultants, LLP Offices, 2424 Lousiana, Albuquerque, NM 87110.